Every season brings a different kind of fun to Kirkland, Washington. Whether you’re looking for a great place to go sledding or just want to sit by the fire and enjoy some wine with friends, this city has plenty of options.
Visit the shops and restaurants at Park Lane.
Park Lane is a great place to visit in Kirkland, Washington. It has many shops and restaurants, so you will be able to find something that appeals to you. The atmosphere of Park Lane is very friendly and inviting. You can spend time with family and friends here or just relax by yourself if that’s what makes sense for your schedule!
Get cozy by the fire in your own backyard.
The best way to enjoy your winters is by building a fire in your own backyard. It’s an easy project, and you can have one ready for use by the time of snowfall.
- Make sure you have a fireplace and firewood nearby. If not, go out and buy some! You don’t want to be digging around inside when it starts snowing outside—you may end up getting stuck because there won’t be any paths outside for people who want to get away from work or school as quickly as possible (or even just enjoy some fresh air).
- Don’t leave the fire unattended while using it; always keep an extinguisher nearby so that if something goes wrong during the heating time (like someone falling asleep), they’ll have something ready at hand right away instead of trying their best not to fall asleep.
Host a cheese night for you and your friends
If you’re looking for an easy way to enjoy some time with your friends, hosting a cheese night is the perfect solution. Just make sure that you choose eatables that are appropriate for the occasion!
If you love cheese as much as I do (I mean…who doesn’t?), then give some of my favorite varieties a try: brie or camembert in pizzas or pasta.
Check out the scenery at Juanita Beach Park.
Juanita Beach Park is a great place to enjoy the scenery, whether you’re walking, jogging, or biking. The beach has lots of activities that are perfect for all ages. There are playgrounds and picnic areas available at the park if you want to stay in one place while enjoying your surroundings.
Go sledding with the family.
You can enjoy the winter season to its fullest by taking advantage of all that Kirkland has to offer. Here are some ways you can make sure your winter is fun, safe, and memorable:
- Bring a sled or rent one from the city. The best part about sledding is that it’s easy to do with your family—and it’s free! Just drive down to the main road and head toward Lake Washington, where there will be plenty of hills for you to climb on (and slide down). Bring warm clothes, food, snacks, and water bottles, so you don’t get too cold while enjoying this activity together with your kids.
- Take photos at each stop along the way! There are always beautiful views all around us; we’ll take some great shots if we take our camera out with us for once! You may even come across ice sculptures like these ones, which look really cool when viewed up close 🙂
- If anyone falls off their sled after being thrown off balance by another person nearby, then they should immediately grab onto something solid nearby before falling further down into a snow pile.
Make memories this snowy season, Kirkland style.
Kirkland Hotel is a great place to visit during the holidays. The city offers plenty of activities for visitors and locals alike, including shopping at local boutiques, dining at restaurants, and enjoying parks that are open year-round. There are many places to stay in and around Kirkland as well: from hostels to five-star hotels like The Lake View Hotel Kirkland!
So, you know what? We’re not going to sugar-coat it: winter is a drag. You spend all day bundled up in a jacket and scarf, and then you go home to an empty house with your family, and you’re sad. But there are ways to make the snow-covered months more fun!
First of all, don’t forget that there’s a lot more to Kirkland than just its weather. If you need some ideas of things to do and places to go, this blog post will help you figure out what’s happening around town this time of year.
Also, don’t forget about indoor activities! If it’s too cold outside for sports like soccer or basketball, why not try indoor ones instead? There are plenty of options in Kirkland, so find one that fits your family’s needs and schedule. And if there aren’t any indoor activities available for whatever reason, that just means you have more time together as a family!